Well that’s just great. Just freakin’ great! His eminence, Pope Benedict XVI, today announced Seven New Official Sins. (You can’t make this shit up.)
- “Bioethical” sins (a.k.a. birth control)
- “Morally dubious” experiments (a.k.a. stem cell research, and that freaky three-way you’ve been thinking of)
- Drug abuse (But drug use is okay!)
- Pollution (How’s the Pope-mobile’s gas mileage?)
- Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor (??)
- Excessive wealth (Take that Bill Gates!)
- Creating poverty (Wouldn’t this already be covered by #5?)
What a steaming, pile of crap! I am so pissed off! Why? I’ll tell you why: I just finished checking off my old sins list. I spent all day today on the couch today, doing nothing, just so I could cross off “Sloth” and call it a wrap. And then he goes and adds seven more to the list.
I think “Bait & Switch” should be a sin.